1. Stone Management
In cooperation with my old friend Paul Shand, we are providing consulting services for commercial projects, bringing to the table our combined 62 years of experience..
Owner's Rep services include;
1) pre-project coordination with owners and architects to adhere to requirements, and assist in value engineering.
2) A schedule of work and oversight is established, and the owner is kept aware on all stages of the project.
3) Assembling project-specific teams ensures a successful outcome
4) Provide material testing protocol to assume species of stone fits job requirements.
5) Supplier Interface – work with factories on production scheduling, sampling, quality control, scheduling, packing and delivery issues.
a. Factory interface - Stone may be great for any project, but not every stone is right for every application. We can assist from recommending just the right materials, prior to specification, which insures a good match to their intended use to the inspection of cut-to-size work, at the factory prior to shipping, to assure quality before it arrives at the job site.
6) Track and monitor project costs, progress, and quality.
b. Engineering interface – shop drawings and stone tickets, installation and anchor issues, value engineering.
c. Architect Interface – range sample approval, plant & quarry visit, mock ups, installation and maintenance specs.
7) Progress inspections, with reports on deliveries, quality, measurements to tickets and installation update
8) Inventory of stone on site along with any redo’s, repairs or rejected materials, enabling best coordination with supplier.
9) Post project protocols;
a. advising on the selection of a sealer and other chemicals
b. writing protocols for the application of sealers, repair of chips, cracks, spauling and stains, fabrication and replacement of irreparable pieces and honing/resurfacing in select areas
c. develop Slip & Fall Prevention strategies, including measure and maintain Coefficient of Friction (COF) to determine the potential for slippage, address the causes of slips in a preventative way and create and maintain an Incidence Response and Post Incident Reporting System.
d. preparation of an attic stock strategy along with assisting in the selection of material and development of a protocol to match replacement pieces to the originals.
Do you have a landmark project whose legacy you want to preserve? Talk to us about how we can help.
2. Material Selection
Stone may be great for any project, but not every stone is right for every applicaton. We can bring decades of experience to your project;
- from recommending just the right materials, prior to specification, which insures a good match to their intended use,
- to the inspection of cut-to-size work, at the factory prior to shipping, to assure quality before it arrives at the job site. (Photos; left is Chris inspecting Costa Rose in China, on right, Paul & Chris at Lasa Marmo quarry in Italy)
Every great stone project begins with specifying the right material. And the thousands of steps in between require hiring the right people to oversee them. Call on us early in the project when we can offer the most advantage.
We hope you will contact us with any inquiry;
Please contact us regarding your project.
~ By phone - 917-679-0073
~ or by e-mail at email@example.com
We look forward to speaking to you!
© Fabricator's Secret Inc. - Your source for Natural Stone
- Page designed
and maintained by Chris Johnson